Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Baby Quilt!

A dear friend of mine is having a baby soon - a little girl! So of course I had to make her a quilt. Their nursery theme is Disney, but I didn't have any fabrics so I did my own theme of "enchanted forest" which I think works well. The only request was no pink! As you can see, though, I cheated a little and used a coral.

This little quilt worked up really fast and I didn't need a pattern. I just cut out 5-inch squares and arranged them in diagonal lines. (Maybe 5 and a half? They were 5 inches, but I can't remember if that's finished or unfinished. 


Above is an in-progress picture while I quilted it! I did very simple straight lines about a generous quarter inch away from each seam.


And here is the finished quilt! Or at least a corner of it. As you can see, I bound it in a pretty green print from the Miss Kate line by Bonnie and Camille (which is my favorite). I actually used a lot of very-special or favorite fabrics for this quilt! It adds a little bit extra love!

1 comment: