Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Q2 Finish-a-Long Post!

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

So I have the bad habit of getting really excited about something for a little while, then putting it away and starting something else instead of finishing.  I also get distracted very easily.  As you can see from my WIP post a few days ago, I don't have too, too much going on, but it's still enough that with my schedule - I have two jobs so it's 12 hour days Mon-Thurs - I'm having trouble getting to it all!  But I want to try to get something done!  So here is my "to-do list" for Q2!

1. Guest Room Quilt -
I need to cut the backing fabric, get it quilted and bound, but then I'll be done!  This one should be pretty simple and probably won't take too long.  (Except for the binding...)

2. Baby Quilt -
Same as above.  I found a cute fabric for the back, so hopefully this one will be a pretty quick finish, too.  Again, except for the binding.  That always takes me forever.

3. THAT DANG MISS KATE DS CASE -
I want to finish this.  I want so badly to finish this.  But oh it has been a beast.  I seriously need to do a lot of research or something because my sewing machine just does not want to sew this.  What am I doing wrong?!  And my stitches by hand just aren't going to be strong enough, because I plan for this to get a lot of wear.  Arrgh.  I'm hoping I'll get this worked out some way.  I probably should have used a pattern, shouldn't I?  Ha ha ha.

4. Brand New EPP Hexie Mini -
This is a self-indulgent little mini quilt using hexies and some of my favorite fabric (a whole lot of it featuring cats, ahh ha ha).  I have done very, very little on this one, so I'm not terribly confident that I can get it done - but because it's so little and I can take the little hexies with me, I'll probably be able to work on it during my lunch breaks, and while I'm watching TV.  Yay!

5. Reverse Snowball Quilt -
I don't know if this one counts (all I've done is a fabric pull and pick out a pattern), but I am excited!  I'm using a lot of the fabric line Acorn Trail because it is adorable, and I don't know the correct name for the block, but I'm doing snowball, except white sashing and patterned, erm, balls.

6. Tom Quilt -
So many squares!  I'm a little scared of this one because I'm going to have a lot to keep track of with the layout.  But!  We are moving soon-ish and if at all possible I would like to get this done around that time.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Hannah. I will follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am trying to find a little time to work each night, so surely I will be able to get something done soon! :)

      Delete